In Nerja, a coastal city in the province of Malaga, Spain, there are a variety of tapas bars where visitors can enjoy tasty Spanish dishes while exploring the city on foot. In this list, I will introduce you to some of the best tapas bars in Nerja, along with what each of them offers.
- El Pulguilla: This bar is an iconic place for tapas lovers in Nerja. It offers a wide variety of traditional Spanish dishes, from gambas al pil-pil to homemade croquettes. You can also enjoy their famous sardine espeto, a typical dish of the region, while you sit on their outdoor terrace.
- La Puntilla: Located in the heart of the center of Nerja, La Puntilla is a very popular tapas bar with locals and tourists alike. Their specialties include ortiguillas, delicious fried sea anemones, and salmorejo, a tomato cream very typical in the region. In addition, its wide selection of wines makes it a perfect place to enjoy a good glass while you savor your tapas.
- El Chispa: This small, cozy tapas bar is known for its authenticity and traditional atmosphere. Here you can try classic Andalusian dishes such as fried fish, eggplants with honey and regional sausages. The Chispa also offers a large outdoor terrace.
- El Niño: If you are looking for a place with a wide variety of tapas to choose from, El Niño is the perfect place. This bar offers a wide variety of hot and cold tapas, from fresh salads to Spanish omelettes and montaditos. You can also enjoy their daily special tapas, which change daily. It has currently changed ownership. And her name is “Isabel.”
- Jamoneria Nerja: Located on a charming pedestrian street in the old town of Nerja, this cozy bar offers a selection of delicious and creative tapas and jam tapas. Here you can try dishes such as salmon tartare with avocado, duck confit with orange and honey reduction, and goat cheese and red fruit salad. In addition, Tapeo Jamoneria Nerja has a wide selection of wines and craft beers.
- La Marina: This tapas bar, located near the famous Balcón de Europa, offers a wide selection of Spanish and Mediterranean dishes. Their tapas include options such as Galician-style octopus, meatballs in sauce, and anchovies in vinegar. La Marina is also known for its excellent wine selection and terrace with sea views.
- Puerta del Mar: If you are looking for an authentic place with views of the sea, you cannot miss the Puerta del Mar restaurant. This tapas bar offers a selection of traditional dishes from the region.
- El Sevillano. This small tapas bar is known for its cozy atmosphere and excellent selection of classic tapas, Malaga salchichón and Manchego cheese. In addition, you can enjoy live flamenco music and other Spanish genres during the night.
- El Redondo: This tapas bar is famous for its delicious tapas and friendly service. Here you can try dishes such as fried fish, grilled squid and ham croquettes. They also offer vegetarian options, such as sautéed vegetables and fried cheese with tomato jam.
- La Piqueta: Last but not least, La Piqueta is a charming tapas bar offering a wide selection of traditional Spanish dishes. Here you can try dishes such as Andalusian gazpacho, Spanish omelette and garlic shrimp. They also offer a variety of vegetarian options, such as escalivada and eggplant stuffed with vegetables. La Piqueta has a relaxed atmosphere and rustic decor, making it a perfect place to enjoy some homemade tapas.
With this list of tapas bars, you can make your own gastronomic route through Nerja, enjoying the culinary delights that this charming city has to offer. Each of these bars will provide you with a unique experience, both in terms of food and atmosphere, so you can immerse yourself in the culinary culture of the region. So put on your comfortable shoes and get ready to enjoy an unforgettable tapas tour in Nerja.